Each hotel is unique in what they offer, but you can expect to receive excellent service and well-appointed, air-conditioned accommodations plus a full slate of amenities at all of these five-star Galapagos hotels. Luxury Galapagos hotels are unlike their counterparts in other parts of the world, which might be expansive resorts with five pools and multiple restaurants. Here, the best hotels are those that blend seamlessly into the surrounding environment while still offering all of the creature comforts and extra luxuries that you might hope for on your vacation.
Some of these hotels do feature pools, in-house restaurants, and private spas, and many of them are tucked in their own private Galapagos reserves, away from the buzz of the town.
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel (5 Stars): This hotel enjoys a secluded beachfront location just across the bay from Puerto Ayora. Guests enjoy access to an outdoor pool, a bar and gourmet restaurant, and a private yacht with its very own naturalist guide, perfect for day excursions.
- Galapagos Safari Camp (5 Stars): Experience luxury in a unique way in these spacious tents, each with twin or queen beds, a fan, a balcony with hammocks and chairs, and private bathrooms with running water. At the central lodge, a lounge and fireplace compliment the dining room, where all three daily meals are served. There’s also a pool, all-inclusive adventure packages, and an honesty bar every afternoon.
- Pikaia Luxury Lodge (5 Stars): Isolated from the rest of the island, state-of-the-art Pikaia Lodge is nestled in the heart of its own 76-acre giant tortoise reserve. Designed with ecology in mind, this hotel is Ecuador’s first carbon-neutral five-star facility. Guests enjoy large rooms with minibars, bathrobes and slippers, private bathrooms, and social areas around the lodge like the pool, wine cellar, and lounge. Activities programs and water excursions are also available.
- Royal Palm Hotel (5 Stars): With all the amenities of a modern hotel – including an outdoor pool, gym equipment, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room and spa, and tennis courts, plus Wifi and a restaurant that features fine Asian-Ecuadorian fusion cuisine – you’d never guess that this unique hotel is nestled in its own 500-acre private reserve. Its central location on Santa Cruz offers guests easy access to the most popular local visitor sites.
- Sol y Mar Hotel (4 Stars): Opened in 1960 and renovated in 2007, this hotel is one of the original Galapagos lodges, with incredible ocean-view rooms and a multilingual staff ready to help guests plan their daily excursions. The pool has a Jacuzzi and pool bar, and each air-conditioned room has comfortable beds, private bathrooms, hypoallergenic pillows, and a desk.
- Angermeyer Waterfront Inn (4 Stars): Few hotels incorporate the surrounding environment into their design as much as the Angermeyer Waterfront Inn, built right into the Angermeyer cave, and adorned with driftwood and lava rocks for that extra flair of authenticity. Each room is fully air-conditioned and has cable TV, a private bathroom, and a minibar. Plus, it’s just two minutes by water taxi from active Puerto Ayora.
- Red Mangrove Hotel (4 Stars): This hotel provides the perfect sanctuary just outside of Puerto Ayora between the mangrove forest and the waterfront, featuring a Jacuzzi, a restaurant where breakfast is included with your stay, and 14 guest rooms with varying bed sizes and private bathrooms, air conditioning, tubs, and superior rooms that have ocean-view balconies or ground floor access.
- Scalesia Lodge (5 Stars): Breath in the fresh highland air of Isabela’s cloud forest from the luxurious tents of Scalesia Lodge. Each of the 16 tents features a glass shower and ample space. From here, it’s easy to get to all of Isabela’s most popular attractions.
- Iguana Crossing Hotel (5 Stars): If you’re looking for a luxurious waterfront hotel on Isabela, this is it. On the southern end of the tiny town of Puerto Villamil, this hotel is aptly named for the marine iguanas that cross from the neighboring wetlands to the sea. Guests enjoy easy access via a walkway from the wetlands to the Breeding Center. At the lodge itself, visitors can relax in the swimming pool, at the roof deck Jacuzzi, or at either of the indoor or outdoor bars. A steam and massage room and restaurant highlight the stay.
- Volcano Hotel (4 Stars): Combining simplicity with modern elegance, Volcano Hotel features comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning. Its location in town makes it easy for guests to get to any of Isabela’s most popular visitor sites.
- Albemarle Hotel (4 Stars): From the gourmet restaurant and bar, freshwater swimming pool and hot tub, sun terraces to the hammocks and barbecue, the Albemarle Hotel boast excellent social areas and 10 air-conditioned rooms (plus one suite) that feature Wifi, en suite bathrooms, and views of either the pool or the waterfront.
- Golden Bay Hotel (5 Stars): Enjoy waterfront access to San Cristobal’s Playa de Oro and a five-minute stroll to downtown Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Accommodations feature panoramic windows, WiFi, minibars, and even room service. The facilities at the lodge include a swimming pool, spa with various wellness treatments to choose from, a children’s playroom, and a main restaurant/ snack bar.
- Casa Opuntia (4 Stars): A waterfront restaurant, private outdoor pool, and full-service bar, plus an excellent and attentive bilingual staff make Casa Opuntia a great choice in San Cristobal. Each air-conditioned room also features a private bathroom and a balcony, with a choice of rooms that overlook either the pool or the ocean.